Online Proctoring Operations
How do students sign up for exams?
In Fall 2020, students can schedule their exams 2 weeks before the start of the exams.
Send your students to http://cbtf.engr.illinois.edu/sched to make their exam reservations.
On the day of the exam, they must visit the CBTF website and click on the green “Check In” button. This button will be available 10 minutes before and 10 minutes after the start of the exam.
How does online proctoring work?
Students will join a Zoom meeting through a phone or tablet and access their exam using their laptops.
What are the main functions of CBTF Online proctors?
- Proctors will verify student identities.
- If students have questions, technical difficulties, etc., proctors are there to help troubleshoot and alert instructors about incidents if needed.
- Proctors enforce CBTF policies for academic integrity. They observe, correct, and record suspicious and non-compliant behavior. Blatant infractions and patterns of these behaviors will be submitted as FAIR pre-cases.
If students are using their phones for Zoom, then what happens if they...
...have a question?
Students are instructed to wave at the camera to alert the proctor and ask their question in a private Zoom chat with the proctor.
...are ready to scan their answer sheets?
Students can scan/upload/submit their answers whenever they are ready. This may cause their video to freeze, but will not remove them from the Zoom meeting. Proctors will be available if they need help.
Will my TAs help with proctoring? Can we join the Zoom meeting with our students?
Our policy is that course staff are not allowed in the proctoring Zoom meetings because multiple courses are testing at the same time, and that we don’t offer exam content based support. This minimizes the interruptions and maintains equity across all of the test takers.
Course staff are invited to the #cbtf-help chat channel on our PrairieLearn slack for support anytime, but also for real-time communication with the proctors during the exams.
Can I see what emails or scheduler interfaces my students are getting from the CBTF?
Yes. The main page in the scheduler, even for course staff, upon login is the "My Schedule" student interface. Instructors can register for their course as a student to see the experience their students are getting (notification emails, reservation interfaces, etc.) Sometimes the roster matching automatically places the instructor as a student in the CBTF course.
To add yourself as a student to your CBTF course:
- Click the "Add a class" button in the Registrations area of the My Schedule page. Course staff can always add themselves as provisional registrations to the course.
To remove yourself as a student from your CBTF course:
- Click on the (X) icon on the right of your course name in the Registrations area of the My Schedule page.
To view the course-staff specific interfaces in the scheduler, use the pages under the Courses tab at the top menu.